Dodge has officially released pricing for the 2018 SRT Demon and it’s not the $100,000-plus price tag we all thought this spawn of Satan was going to be priced at. Rather, the Demon’s final price comes in at $84,995 MSRP. That’s a relative bargain, for the insane amount of performance you’ll be getting out of this beast.
The car comes as a stripped out model with only one seat, no trunk carpeting, and none of the cool speed parts in the Demon Crate. Want those things? Of course you do, and they’ll cost you exactly $1 each. Of those $1 options, a front passenger seat and rear seats are but two. The other big $1 option is the Demon Crate, which includes skinny front tires for the drag strip, an impact wrench and jack, and a performance powertrain control module that bumps the power up to 840 hp on race gas. Dodge says the true value of the crate is $6,140. Don’t let that fool you, as chances are they’re just baking that cost in the $19,705 increase from the Challenger Hellcat.
“Eighty-five thousand dollars is not just a number in a business case to Dodge; we know it’s a lot of money and a significant up-charge over a Challenger Hellcat,” said Tim Kuniskis, Head of Passenger Cars – Dodge, SRT, Chrysler and FIAT, FCA North America. “We worked very hard to build as much value into the Challenger SRT Demon as possible – features, performance and exclusivity that simply can’t be duplicated with a goal of maintaining, and possibly even growing, as much future value as possible.”
Here is a full list of the goodies the car includes, straight from Dodge’s press release. For those keen-eye’d readers, pay attention to that last one! A sunroof! You can get your very own drag strip rocket, with a sun roof, for a little extra glow when you are racing down the quarter-mile in the 9’s!
- Demon Crate ($1): Exclusive Demon Crate offers components that unleash the car’s 840 horsepower, 770 lb.-ft. of torque and full potential at the drag strip and is personalized with the buyer’s name, VIN and serial number. The Demon Crate and the performance parts it holds are valued at $6,140, but Challenger SRT Demon owners can buy the entire package for $1. Contents of the Demon Crate include:
- Direct Connection Performance Parts:
- Two narrow, front-runner drag wheels
- Performance powertrain control module with high-octane engine calibration
- Replacement instrument panel switch module with high-octane button
- Personalized ID badge
- Conical performance air filter
- Two valve stems
- Passenger mirror block-off plate
- Demon-branded track tools:
- Hydraulic floor jack with carrying bag
- Cordless impact wrench with charger
- Torque wrench with extension and socket
- Tire pressure gauge
- Fender cover
- Tool bag
- Foam case that fits into the Challenger SRT Demon trunk and securely holds the front runner wheels and track tools
- Cloth rear seat ($1)
- Leather rear seat ($1)
- Front passenger cloth seat ($1)
- Demon trunk carpet kit ($1)
- Red seat belts ($195)
- Leather Front Seat Group includes Laguna leather and Alcantara suede covered seats with embossed Demon head logo, front passenger seat, heated and ventilated leather front seats with heated steering wheel, premium floor mats, power tilt/telescoping column and bright pedals ($1,595)
- Comfort Audio Group, Cloth Seats, includes front passenger cloth seat, 18-speaker Harman Kardon Audio, including two subwoofers and 900W amplifier, premium floor mats and bright pedals ($995)
- Painted Black Satin Hood ($1,995)
- Comfort Group, Leather Seats, includes Laguna leather and Alcantara suede covered seats with embossed Demon head logo, front passenger seat, heated and ventilated leather front seats with heated steering wheel, premium floor mats, power tilt/telescoping column, bright pedals, 18-speaker Harman Kardon Audio, including two subwoofers and 900W amplifier ($2,495)
- Painted Black Satin Graphics Package, available with all 15 exterior colors, includes satin black painted hood, roof and decklid ($3,495)
- For buyers who must have a sunroof – Power sunroof ($4,995)
Another cool trick Dodge is throwing in, is for every new SRT purchased, Dodge is offering a 1-day full session at Bob Bondurant School of High-performance Driving, with professional instruction by one of their drag racing instructors.